Friday 24 April 2009

My hello from Malaysia!

Have you ever had one of those days where you feel 'dry' spiritually? Those days when everything seems ordinary, boring and mundane? Or have you ever felt so low or broken, that you have no words to express how you truly feel before God? Sometimes, I find myself so dry spiritually that spending time with God meant nothing to me. Sometimes, when I'm so broken and low in my spirit, I couldn't find the strength to crawl into His arms of love. Sometimes, when I get too busy with life and have unconsciously pushed God aside, I find it hard to want to fall back into intimacy with Him.

I came across this short devotional guide tonight. Though it's simple, I think it captures the essence of our intimacy and devotion to the Lord very accurately and beautifully. I pray that as you read this, you will be encouraged and the Spirit will speak to you. Perhaps, this short verse may be your entree. Go on.... get a main meal tonight. Open your Bible. Read the whole of psalm 27. Meditate on it (disect the Word, crunch it into pieces, chew on every bit, draw out every meaning in every word of the psalm!). And be blessed!!

With lots of love (I miss you all HEAPS!!),
Wengie Yanie :)

********** ********** **********

Psalm 27 : 8 [NLT]
My heart has heard you say, 'Come and talk with me.' And my heart responds, 'LORD, I am coming.'

It is in the heart that we hear God's invitation, and it's the heart that responds. The psalmist (David) knew God had invited him to come and talk with him. Yet the context is that David has not felt God's presence. The surrounding verses speak of the fear of abandonment. So this is faith speaking, faith originating from the heart's reception of God's invitation. Faith believes that God is inviting us to come to Him, and that He will receive us. Talk with God today in faith, in response to God's invitation … whether you feel His presence or not.

3 comments:

~nick~ said...

thanks 4 sharing yanyan!!! (:
aku rindu padamu!!!

janice said...

aku rindu padamu too wengie yanie! :)

D@rkCrusader said...

Whatever that (aku rindu padamu) was...

We miss you mousie :)